MN Carry Permit. $85
Minnesota Multi-State Permit to Carry Course. This affordable course exceeds the requirements set forth by Minnesota state law by offering our students a comprehensive detailed look at Minnesota Statutes, practical scenario training on diverse environments, hands-on firearms safety, use of critical thinking, and providing the student with all the resources needed to be responsible law-abiding citizens even years after they take this course.
What states will honor me by taking this course?
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
What do I need to know before taking this course?
- You must be at least 21 years old for the sheriff’s office to grant your permit; however, because our certificate of training is good for one whole year after it’s been issued, you only need to be 20 (we recommend waiting at least 2 months after turning 20 to take this course).
- You will have to fill an application form, but where you live determines where you submit your application to. If you live in Minnesota, you must submit your application to county sheriff’s office that you live in, if you live outside of Minnesota, you can submit your application at any sheriff’s office.
- You cannot be prohibited from possessing a firearm, as states in MN 609.714
- You cannot be listed in a criminal gang investigation system.
- You must provide a certificate of completed authorized firearms training. Training by a certified instructor and completed within one year of an original or renewal application. (624.714, Subd. 2a)
- You will need to use a firearm with live ammunition in order to graduate from this course.
What do I need to bring to the class?
- Your state issued identification card
- Eye and Ear Protection if you have some, if not, we will provide some to you at no extra cost
- 50 rounds of ammunition for the firearm you will be using. If you are using our firearm, please email us so we can bring a firearm that suits your needs.
I’m miltary or a first-responder, can I get a discount?
Yes. Black Fox Defense gets it’s name from the instructors who help defend this great nation. It would be our pleasure to offer a discount to those who protect us. We offer a $25 discount to those who fall in the any of the following:
- Department of Defense (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard or DHS)
- Law Enforcement (all municipalities, including federal)
- EMT, Paramedic, Firefighter, HAZMAT
What firearm will I use for the course?
- Your gun, your ammo. You can bring your own gun or a rented gun to the course. You will also need to bring 50 rounds of ammunition. You may bring more ammo if you want and we will spend more time with you working on shot group and scenario based situations.
- Our gun, your ammo. You can use one of our guns at no extra cost, but you will need to supply 50 rounds of your own ammunition.